Saturday, February 12, 2011

Saturday Ramblings

Well I'm pretty proud that I have written a few days in a row. I know I don't have a very exciting life, but it is nice to keep a journal to look back on. Last night was the best night of sleep that I have had all week. My husband and I watched some Law & Order season 1 episodes and then he let me watch Ghost Adventures. I appreciate that he puts up with watching some shows I know he could care less about. Well it that time of year again where the shanties go on the lake in the hunt for the sturgeon. I am wishing my family and friends the best of luck and hopefully someone will spear one this year. My family this has always been a big tradition. I wish I was out there but one I don't have a license this year and two my foot is still in a boot and I don't have much balance yet. I am hoping one year I will be able to get my husband out on the lake to experience this tradition. I know that I first have to help him get over his fear of water. He is doing very well but I'm sure it will be awhile before he feels safe enough to want to do that. I told him if he ever wants to I would be happy to teach him to swim or help him enroll into some swimming classes. I remember my first encounter with a sturgeon. My dad had speared one and I was probably 7 or 8 years old and I was screaming that it was a shark. He got a good laugh out of it and I remember being so proud of him and telling everyone about it at school. It is also Valentine's Day weekend. Right now we don't have the finances to do anything really special, but I told my husband just spending time with him was special enough for me. So I'm sure we will be watching some movies and just relaxing. I wouldn't be surprised if he make a special dessert. He decided to work some overtime today so it will be nice to have a little extra money. So I believe that is all I have to write.

No comments:

Post a Comment